21. It is acknowledged that it is the small habit in life ______ determine what kind of life we will lead.
A. which B. that C. where D. what
22. The correspondence secretary ______ the word processor will store the report in the computer for later recall.
A. using B. uses C. use D. used
23. Jane Turngate was elected chairperson of the board of directors at Stellmann Corporation by a ______ margin.
A. narrowness B. narrowly C. narrows D. narrow
24. Ferrelli Steel has ______ in talks with Montag Fabrics to purchase part of its manufacturing business.
A. involved B. engaged
C. demonstrated D. maintained
25. The afternoon flight from Tokyo has been canceled ______ a mechanical problem.
A. as much as B. due to C. because D. in case
26. The guest speaker highlighted some ideas for ______ introducing change in the workplace.
A. success B. succeed
C. succeeding D. successfully
27. It seems that living green is ______ easy and affordable. A small step makes a big difference.
A. exactly B. fortunately C. surprisingly D. hardly
28. ______ budget constraints, all full-time employees will receive a 3 percent salary increase.
A. Despite B. When C. Even if D. Besides
29. Today Tenopy Tech announced its plans ______ with Shaffly Energy Systems to manufacture solar panels in Quito and Caracas.
A. will partner B. is partnered
C. be partnering D. to partner
30. Ms. Suarez ______ as Chair of the Board in December 2009, and took up the position in March of the following year.
A. was nominated B. was nominating
C. had nominated D. will be nominated